Peter Watts - Senior Partner
Peter’s clients are almost 100% International – since 1973 he has built up vast experience advising international clients on their structural and taxation affairs. Peter is also particularly knowledgeable about the entertainment, media and overseas property sectors. He joined Bourner Bullock from school in 1960, qualified in 1965 and became a partner in 1968. Currently vice-president of the European sector of JPA – our international association.
Other interests - Music, travelling, wine, my family
Michael Brooks - Managing Partner
After qualifying with Thornton Baker (now Grant Thornton) Michael joined Bourner Bullock in 1984. A partner since 1987, Michael specialises in corporate work, including audits. Michael is also responsible for all work we carry out in Switzerland and regularly attends the JPA International network conferences.
Outside Interests - Travel, sport, gardening, walking and my family.
David Matkins - Audit Partner
Having spent 11 years with Touche Ross & Co. (now Deloitte & Touche) in London. David joined Bourner Bullock as a partner in 1994. David’s expertise is in audit, corporate finance and business consulting, with particular focus on the media and communications and IT sectors. He also advises professional firms on their systems. David is the lead partner on the UK operations of most of Bourner Bullock’s larger international clients, as well as a number of owner managed businesses.
Outside interests - Sport, cycling, wine and two sons
David Wheeler - Audit Partner
David trained and qualified in Tunbridge Wells, then went on to become Group Financial Director for one of the practice’s larger clients. He then returned to public practice with Bourner Bullock in May 2006 and became a Partner in June 2008. Having worked in both practice and industry David appreciates the commercial aspects of business and the importance that accountants play in helping business owners. David currently works closely with David Matkins, running the audit and assurance department at Bourner Bullock, as well as managing the firm’s marketing strategy and human resources development.
Outside interests - Sport, football, food, wine and the gym.
What our clients say
- "The audit itself was carried out with a professional, yet friendly approach, meeting the stringent deadlines required by our Group parent with ease."
- "I highly recommend Bourner Bullock to any firm seeking accountants in the United Kingdom."
- "The consensus was that you exceeded our expectations and we all learnt a great deal."
- "You may be interested to know that I have been associated with Bourner Bullock all my working life, that is in excess of forty years!"
- "Attention to detail has always been excellent, combined with a good understanding of my requirements and innovative solutions to potential problems."
- "The team is professional, responsive and a pleasure to deal with."
- "Your firm has always been a pleasure to deal with, efficient, approachable and business-minded"
- "Bourner Bullock have completed another years accounts for us and I'd just like to say thank you to the team"
- "I am very satisfied with the service provided by Bourner Bullock and am very happy to recommend the firm to other companies seeking excellent Chartered Accountants."